|Testing Web sites all day that require credentials can get really annoying (user: test, password: password). Over the course of the day a tester can achieve a good 100 logons easy. (100 logons) x (5 seconds) = 8.33 minutes a day, (8.33 minutes) x (5 days) = 41.66 minutes a week. You can get those 41 minutes a week back by using the tool RoboForm!|
RoboForm provides automated logons from your Web browser toolbar (Internet Explorer, FireFox, & Netscape) and makes logging in effortless (1 click). As a tester it also saves you a lot of time by auto-filling forms for you; this is really nice when you don’t actually care about testing the form but the pages that follow the form. I even use RoboForm at home to store all my site credentials. Sounds a bit insecure right? It’s not insecure, the credentials are encrypted on the disk, require a master password to access, and the way the auto-login feature works it will actually prevent you from being phished.
In a nutshell, the main features include:
• AutoSave passwords in browser.
• AutoFill passwords to login form.
• Click Login button for you.
• Fill personal info into online forms.
• Save offline passwords & notes.
• Generate Secure Random Passwords.
• Encrypt passwords and personal data using AES, Blowfish, RC6, 3-DES or 1-DES algorithms.
• All personal info is stored on your computer only.
• Take RoboForm with you on USB disk for ultimate portability.
• Sync your passwords and notes to Palm or Pocket PC .
• Backup & Restore , Print your passwords.
• It is well-behaved : NO ADWARE , NO SPYWARE .
• Works under Windows as an add-on to IE-based browsers .
• Works with Netscape, Mozilla, Firefox under Windows.
Also, if you’re interested in keeping your credentials stored on a USB drive instead of the disk you should take a look at Pass2Go (Portable RoboForm).