Restore your copy-paste functionality for remote desktop

I don’t know about you but I’m always losing my copy-paste functionality between my Remote Desktop Connection and my desktop (always as in at least once a week). This is a pain in the ass from the testing perspective because I do a lot of copying and pasting. Over time I’ve discovered that the best way to repair this is to kill RDPClip.exe on the machine you’ve remoted into and then restart the thread:



  1. Open Task Manager, highlight RDPClip.exe and click the “End Process” button
  2. Click the “Applications” tab, click the “New Task” button, and type the text “RDPClip.exe”

This works for me 95% of the time. The other 5% of the time it won’t and a reboot of the machine you’ve remoted into will guarantee the fix. I know, SUCK. But hey it’s only 5%, and thats better than 95%.


Here’s a forum where people claim the issue is UserDump.exe, but it never has been in my situtation.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.