If you follow my blog you know that I use Parasoft SOAtest for Web Service testing. If you don’t…well now you know. The new 5.0 version of SOAtest has been released and it has a pretty large set of new features and improvements.
Parasoft SOAtest 5.0 features the following key new capabilities:
- Testing through multiple layers of complex applications: Instantly translate a functional scenario from a test suite into a language that the developers understand: JUnit.
- Policy Management: Provides SOA architects the ability to create and manage policies that are enforced during design and development.
- Performance QoS (Quality of Service): Defines and enforces QoS metrics that are important for setting and measuring SLAs (Service Level Agreements) during development and QA.
- Enhanced Server Emulation: Enhanced intelligence of server stubs allows you to more accurately emulate application behavior.
- GUI Overhaul
- Reporting Enhancements
- Automatic Updates
- MTOM/XOP Support
- Other Miscellaneous features
Get the entire list of new features and their details here.
Get a trial download here.
Personally, I’m looking forward to working with the GUI overhaul. There are so many things going on in SOAtest and the GUI can be a real pain to work with. Painful outside of the typical Java GUI pains such as lack of keyboard shortcuts and lack of right click context menuing! I won’t go there though. 🙂